
Isabel Snyder
Josef Koudelka, Untitled,1960's
This is an untitled image of check photographer Josef Koudelka, probably
shot in the 60's of his gypsy countrymen in his homeland the Check Republic.
( have to do more research about that.) I was looking for a photograph to
hang over my bed. This sounds rather trivial, yet the place above my head
where we spend 1/3 of our life is really a sacred space. It became a soul
searching journey to find the right image. It had to be something that
reflected my true nature and spirit. An image that carried an energy I
really liked in a waking and sleeping state . An image that carried the
fabric of my dreams and hopes.
I believe a photograph - like any good art- hits you home- or in the guts-
when its right. Its love at first sight. It irrational and purely emotional.
When I saw this image ,I just knew. No doubt. Total soul connection.
There was this majestic Andalusian horse, a light blanket on his back, the
bridal over his neck, and crouched at his feet his humble, caring, loving
master, the outstretched hand and the horse's short tail in motion telling
me a romance of words and a feelings. Seeing this image merges me with the
eternal spirit of man and beast. Peace love and friendship is the message.
Ever since I have never again found a photograph that so entirely reflects
me in my true essence .
Thank you Mr. Koudelka - Its still my all-time favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment